If you can see it, you can achieve it!
Setting goals is the most important thing you can do for your business. I find dream or vision boards make these goals real. When you can actually see it in person every day it will help you stay focused.
The emotions a picture can draw out are amazing. Dream/vision boards inspire us to think big and see it happen.
The law of attraction talks about seeing something as if it has already happened. By having a dream board and looking at it daily you will start to achieve your dreams!
What is a Dream Board?
Dream are also referred to as Vision boards. They are a visual representation of your short and long-term goals. It is laid out so you can easily see the goals you are aiming for.
Why Make a Dream Board?
I have found the longer I work that I need to know what I am working for. Retirement and kids education seems so far off, it is hard for me to picture it. I LOVE to set goals almost as much as I love making list. I make list for the pure joy of checking items off when I complete something. Yes, I am one of those people who makes a list and writes down things I have already done just so I can check it off.
So, why a dream board? I found a visual of what I am working for both short and long term are very helpful. Pictures of trips we want to take, picture of the family on a great vacation or fun time together laughing, things I want to buy or a lifestyle I want to live. It helps motivate me. It really should be something you look at every day, several times a day. One friend suggested taking a picture of your dream board so you could carry it with you – thought it was a great idea! Thank you Marla, from Organized Time!
How do you Make a Dream Board?
* A dream board needs to be somewhere you see it often. I saw it suggested someplace you will look at it for at least 5min twice a day (morning and night).
* Keep it updated!
Instead of me writing how to create a dream board, here are some great resources to help you….
- What is a Dream Board & How You can make one from the Savvy WAHM
- How to Create an Inspiring Dream Board to Create Magic in Your Life
- See Your Dreams Now
- This is a great article to read if you don’t really know what you goals/dreams are: Plan Your Future: How to Create a Vision Board from World of Psychology
- How to Create a Dream Board Where All Your Dreams Come True
- Dream Boards from Oprah’s Site – O Dream Boards
- What the Heck is a Vision Board & How Can it Change Your Life – Martha Beck